At this time I would like to formally announce that Officer Andrea Locke has been chosen by the Manchester/Essex Regional School District to be the first School Resource Officer assigned to the district. Andrea will be assigned to the Schools on a Monday-Friday schedule starting November 4th, 2019. She will report directly to the Chief of Police and the Middle and High School Principals during the school year with 85% of her time spent at the Middle High School and the remaining 15% at both the Manchester and Essex Elementary schools.
The School Resource Officer serves the Manchester Regional School District as teacher, counselor, role model, and advocate for students, families, faculty, and staff. The SRO is not the school disciplinarian, nor does she supplant any other staff function. The SRO brings full service, personalized support to an important segment of our community. With a full-time presence in the schools she is an easily recognized and approachable resource for both the Manchester and Essex Police Departments and the school population.
This is a very important role that has the potential to build relationships with faculty, staff, students, and families with a focus on preventing behaviors that are non-conducive to a safe and healthy learning environment. I would like to congratulate Andrea on this new and exciting role and I look forward to the partnerships this will bring to the Police Department.